The Vision behind Agora Underwriting is to develop a modern version of a traditional Lloyd’s Syndicate, marrying the best of both worlds:
- A True Partnership with its capital providers, not only in terms of capacity but in business development, knowledge exchange and reward
- Owner managed – Agora is owned and managed by its senior team
- Disciplined and focused in its technical underwriting – a risk “selector”
- Entrepreneurial in its ability to respond to the market and seek out opportunity
- Service driven – to our client, brokers and partners
- Bottom line focused at all times
The syndicate was established to write property business on behalf of Skuld syndicate 1897 with a focus on Direct & Facultative, Binders and Treaty business worldwide.
Key Strategic Pillars
Agora also seeks to combine the best of two key strategic pillars:
- A traditional Lloyd’s Syndicate with the attendant reputation for probity, flexibility, service and entrepreneurial flair along with;
- A focus on developing business and partners around the globe on a mutually beneficial basis. Consistent with Lloyd’s 2025 Vision this long term strategic aim is a key foundation to the business
We work closely with a broad range of experienced third party capital partners from around the world. Their support in backing the start-up and ongoing development of Agora has been crucial and we look forward to continuing to develop these relationships in the future.